They're Creepy and they're Kooky, Mysterious and Spooky, they're all together Oooky. "The Adams Familly"!







background

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Getting in a "Jam" with my mom

Sorry it has taken me so long to write to any of you that actually read this blog. I have Internet access thanks to my parents so I am in bed and decided I better take advantage to some free time and Internet and write about my wonderful weekend that I have had.
Eric went Bear hunting with his dad so I decided to come and visit my Mom and Dad. We left on Thursday night, I was very grateful to my mom for watching my kids on Friday while I had to work. Well after work we bought a flat of Raspberries, Flatt of Blackberries and 4lbs of Strawberries. So right after we got dinner over we got to work with the great fun of jam making. Surprising too us or should I say to me (I think my mom new what we were getting ourselves into but because she is so nice and just goes along with whatever her daughter wants to do) of how many batches we would get. I had a great time with my mom and talking to my kids about all the different things that Grandma used to can. I have great memories of my mom being up late after she got home and canning so many fruits and vegetables and me thinking that I was "Helping".
After 4 hours we came up with 6 batches including one of those as a triple berry jam that is so yummy. But we are now set for quite sometime with jam.
On Saturday we got up and decided to hit the Yard sales. Because of the yucky weather there were not too many good ones. But of course we all found some sort of great treasure. After that we went and had lunch at Golden Corral. We then came home and Mom and I watched Extraordinary Measures. Than I wanted to show call where I used to ride my bike all the time during the summer and ride to the "Sugar Shack" up at the ball fields next to Orem Elementary. So Cole and I set out on bikes and rode up there. Unfortunately they were closed :-( so we just went on a bike ride the two of us and had a great time. When we returned home we got Payton, Grandma Nae, Grandpa Jim, and decided to ride up to Orem city's Summerfest parade in hopes to maybe see my cousin who just got back from Afghanistan who we heard was going to be in the parade. It was very cold and unfortunately Alex was not in the parade, but we all had a great time anyways. This picture below is a picture of the parents of a Marine who was killed while in afghanistan with my cousin.
I had allot of great Childhood memories come back to me this weekend and I was so glad I could share some of those traditions with my kids. Unfortunately we are leaving early in the morning so that we can get back to reality. Noe of us are ready to go but I guess all good things must come to an end. So of course this also must end. Thank you Mom and Dad for a great weekend. We love you lots and lots!

2 comments:

Celisse said...

How much fun! Your mom is SO cute! I'm glad that the two of you have such a great relationship.

"THE ADAMS FAMILY" said...

We did have lots of fun and have lots of jam. If you want any let me know.Love ya CC!